[xmonad] New User Impressions

Khudyakov Alexey alexey.skladnoy at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 10:06:18 EST 2009

On Friday 30 January 2009 04:13:44 Adam Vogt wrote:
> If you have a recent haskell X11 binding (>=1.4.4 I think) that had access
> to those headers when compiled, then you will have the module;
>
> Graphics.X11.ExtraTypes.XF86
>
> which exports functions like xF86XK_AudioLowerVolume, which should be the
> same as those raw numbers.

Thank you for hint. I've seen this module once, but could not found it again.

It appears since 1.4.3. Since xmonad-contib depends on X11>=1.4.3 and I like
convenience I've wrote patch which add multimedia key support to EZConfig.

Xmonad-contib may become unbuildable if Graphics.X11.ExtraTypes.XF86 does not
export such constant. It's possible if corresponding X11 headers does not
define them.

Is there way to check if function defined other than get compiler error?