[xmonad] Webpage information and a (practical) tour of the Xmonad Contrib in progress

Ismael Carnales icarnales at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 03:58:26 EST 2009

Hello, first I want to adress that dmenu and gmrun (both in the
default keybindings and dmenu mentioned in the guided tour) are not
listed as related tools in the download webpage
(http://xmonad.org/download.html), i think they belong there.

Secondly I'm starting a doc that pretends to be a guided tour
lookalike of some of the XMonad Contrib, I'm starting this mainly
because I think it's very difficult for newcomers to discover what
extra features XMonad provides. Haddock documentation is pretty useful
when you know what you are looking for, but when you're looking around
to find if some feature is implemented already, the way that the
documentation is indexed (by alphabetical order) doesn't help much.

The in progress document is located here
http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/XMonadContribTour and all are welcomed
to contribute/comment/correct/etc.

byebye!