[xmonad] Re: darcs patch: A mosaic layout based on MosaicAlt

Adam Vogt vogt.adam at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 20:48:54 EST 2009

* On Friday, January 23 2009, Adam Vogt wrote:

>Fri Jan 23 20:06:08 EST 2009  Adam Vogt <vogt.adam at gmail.com>
>  * A mosaic layout based on MosaicAlt
>
>  The position of a window in the stack determines its position and layout. And
>  the overall tendency to make wide or tall windows can be changed, though not
>  all of the options presented by MosaicAlt can be reached, the layout changes
>  with each aspect ratio message.

Most importantly for me, it allows changing window sizes by relocating them
with Layout.WindowNavigation

I have a couple of issues with it that I don't know how to solve:
    - some arrangments are substantially similar
    - sendMessage Wider doesn't know when to be Nothing, so you can
      increase that counter when you're in the widest layout, the module
      calculates stuff unnecessarily.
    - What's the best initial list of ratios / list modification functions
    - Would it be better to pick a different name, not to be confused with
      the original Mosaic?

Thanks All.

PS. Maybe the interface should be cleaned up (by providing default size
increment lists, and functions on them...) before pushing it.