[xmonad] Error message when launching Firefox

Ricardo Martins ricardo at scarybox.net
Tue Jan 20 11:51:08 EST 2009

Hi everyone.

Since yesterday I've been receiving an error dialog when launching Firefox. It
says "An error occured while loading or saving configuration information for
firefox. Some of your configuration settings may not work properly". Clicking on
a "Details" button gives me the following:

"GConf Error: Failed to contact configuration server; some possible causes are
that you need to enable TCP/IP networking for ORBit, or you have stale NFS locks
due to a system crash. See http://www.gnome.org/projects/gconf/ for information.
(Details -  1: Failed to get connection to session: Failed to execute
dbus-launch to autolaunch D-Bus session)"

This happens only when launching firefox from a keybinding or through dmenu
(also launched from a keybinding).

I'm using the xmonad darcs from yesterday (19). xmonad 0.8.1 doesn't suffer from
this problem nor do other WMs (openbox and awesome), so I guess it's due to
something that changed between 0.8.1 and yesterday. Launching firefox in the
affected version from a terminal also has no problems.

The last three darcs builds I used were from 2009-01-12 (no problems),
2009-01-17 (I'm not sure if it had problems, since I usually suspend my laptop
without rebooting or relaunching X for a few days) and 2009-01-19 (the
problematic build).

I'd test the latest code, but I'm having trouble accessing the darcs repository.

Regards,
--
 Ricardo Martins  *  scarybox.net  *  GPG key: 0x1308F1B4