[xmonad] submapDefault patch - default action for submaps

Anders Engström ankaan at gmail.com
Sun Jan 18 10:50:25 EST 2009

Hi. I made some small changes to XMonad.Actions.Submap to add support
for a default action to take when the key doesn't match.

My reason for creating this patch is to be able to use sticky submaps
that only exit on a specific key, but I am sure it can be used for a
lot of other things, for example a multi-level on-screen-display menu.

Example:

entersub = submapDefault entersub sublist
sublist = M.fromList $
  [ ((0, xK_Escape), return ())
  , ((0, xK_u), spawn "mpc toggle" >> entersub)
  ]

And then bind a key to entersub.

Well, this is the first patch I am commiting, so I hope everything is
to your liking. Very good development tutorial for modules by the way.

Regards, Anders Engström.