[xmonad] Could not find module `Xmonad.Util.EZConfig':

Kent Frazier 000krf at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 14:29:14 EST 2009

Running Arch linux.

I've just installed and am trying to configure XMonad. I'm following the
step-by-step guide to configuring xmonad from the xmonad web site.

Here is my current xmonad.hs file:

[code]

import XMonad
import XMonad.Hooks.DynamicLog
import XMonad.Hooks.ManageDocks
import XMonad.Util.Run(spawnPipe)
import XMonad.Util.EZConfig(additionalKeys)
import System.IO

main = do
   xmproc <- spawnPipe "/usr/bin/xmobar /home/kent/.xmonad/xmobar"
   xmonad $ defaultConfig {
                manageHook = manageDocks <+> manageHook defaultConfig,
                layoutHook = avoidStruts  $  layoutHook defaultConfig
                logHook = dynamicLogWithPP $ xmpbarPP {
                                   ppOutput = hPutStrLn xmproc
                                   ppTitle = xmobarColor "green" "" . shorten 50
               modMask = mod4Mask     --Rebind Mod to the Windows Key
} `additionalKeys`
[((mod4Mask .|. shiftMask, xK_z),
   spawn "xscreensaver-command -lock")
 ((controlMask, xK_Print), spawn "scrot -s"),
 ((0, xK_Print), spawn "scrot")
]
[\code]

Then when I run: "ghci -v ~/.xmonad/xmonad.hs" I get (in part):

[code]
*** Chasing depencies:
Chasing modules from: /home/kent/ .xmonad/xmonad.hs

/home/kent/.xmonad/xmonad.hs:5:7
       Could not find module `Xmonad.Util.EZConfig':
           locations searched:
             XMonad/Util/EZConfig.hs
             XMonad/Util/EZConfig.lhs
Failed, modules loaded: none.