[xmonad] New XMonadContrib module: IndependentScreens

Don Stewart dons at galois.com
Sat Feb 21 19:07:40 EST 2009

Forwarded from the offlist buffer:

Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 19:06:20 -0500
From: wagnerdm at seas.upenn.edu
Subject: New XMonadContrib module: IndependentScreens

Hey all,

I've written a short contrib module to scratch an itch I've had even since
jcreigh made the first Xinerama support.  I like dwm's module, where
workspaces on different screens are conceptually distinct, even if they
have the same name.  Now XMonad.Layout.IndependentScreens makes that
possible.  Many thanks to Brent Yorgey, who sat next to me and helped me
get it into a releasable state. =)  (There's no patch attached; Brent
applied it for me.)

~d

P.S. I'm not actually on this list, so be sure any complaints have
daniel at wagner-home.com somewhere in the to: line. ;-)