[xmonad] X.M.TabbedModifier is the Tabbed-Solution

Dominik Bruhn dominik at dbruhn.de
Thu Feb 19 08:20:58 EST 2009

Hy everybody,
the patch by Adam Vogt containing the "TabbedModifier" seems the solution to my
wishes (see my mail "Real Tabbing support"). Although its not perfekt at the
moment it seems the right way. I got the following anotations:

1. Before applying it to the rep fix the following error:
The documentation is wrong, it imports a module named Tabify which was renamed
to TabbedModifier. Also the keybinding for the "UnTab" is wrong, it should read:
"sendMessage . Tab.UnTab" instead of "sendMessage . UnTab" because of the
imorts.

2. Sometimes, some of the tab-headers are not drawn but stay empty.

3. Sometimes a tab-switch also moves the whole window around. To repoduce check
the following: Take a empty Workspace with the "Tall" Layout. Open three
console-windows and open some applications in them (ill take top, htop and
mutt). Stack all of the to the left (using Ctrl+Mod+H), so that all three are on
the same tabbed-stack. Now UnTab the first window (moves to the right) and try
switiching tabs (two tabs remain). On every Tab-Switch the Tab-Stack moves from
left to right or right to left.

4. A keybinding for only switching tabs is missing.

So Adam, thanks a lot for your work! Perhaps if we could fix these errors we get
a goot tabbing solution.

Thanks
--
Dominik Bruhn