[xmonad] float, match by regex?

Wirt Wolff wirtwolff at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 18:58:25 EST 2009

Excerpts from lowly coder's message of Sun Feb 15 15:42:32 -0700 2009:
> so in .xmonad/xmonad.hs, I see how i can make a window float, by selecting
> it's title; however, suppose I wnat a bunch of windows to float, i.e.:
>
> is it possible to instaed of listing out all titles, specify a regex, or a
> function that goes [Char] -> Bool ? (for deciding whether to float the
> window or not)

ooh, neat idea Justin. Also list comprehension example here may help
http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Xmonad/General_xmonad.hs_config_tips#Making_window_float_by_default.2C_or_send_it_to_specific_workspace

Regarding regexps and String -> Bool there's this thread and pending patch
for regexps module, also Hooks.ManageHelpers in xmonad-contrib has some tools.
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.haskell.xmonad/7058
--
wmw