[xmonad] Re: How can I set modMask to ctrl+alt?

Jens Peter Secher jpsecher at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 10:26:12 EST 2009

2009/2/13 Ed McCaffrey <ed at edmccaffrey.net>:
> My favorite keyboards lack a windows key; caps is uncomfortable, and ctrl
> and alt both have too many conflicts to use individually

I guess you have a ThinkPad?  Then you can alternatively use the right
ctrl key as Xmonad key:

  xmonad $ defaultConfig
       {
         -- ...
         -- Use Right-Control as modifier key.
         modMask = mod3Mask
       }

I have attached my ~/.xmodmap .

HTH,
--
                                                    Jens Peter Secher.
_DD6A 05B0 174E BFB2 D4D9 B52E 0EE5 978A FE63 E8A1 jpsecher gmail com_.