[xmonad] Calling all unapplied patches!

Gwern Branwen gwern0 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 13:27:51 EST 2009

On Fri, Jan 2, 2009 at 1:11 PM, Brent Yorgey <byorgey at seas.upenn.edu> wrote:
> I have quite a few emails in my xmonad box, going back almost a year,
> containing patches with no follow-up emails.  It's quite likely that
> many of these were superseded by other patches, decided against in a
> separate thread, or the like.  However, it also seems quite likely
> that some of them fell through the cracks.  If you know of any
> unapplied patches -- either ones that you submitted, or ones that you
> know of and would really like to be applied -- please re-send them to
> the list (making sure that there are no conflicts with the most recent
> darcs).  I have some time at the moment, so I can take a look.
>
> -Brent

Where do we stand currently? I see 22 outstanding for XMC alone right now.

* 20080521122822: Adding XMonad.Config.Xfce  by Ivan.Miljenovic at gmail.com
** Obviously obsolete, since Config.Xfce has been there for a while now.

* 20080602205742: XMonad.Actions.CopyWindow runOrCopy  by lan3ny at gmail.com
** Looking back, I see I rubbished it for not being perfect (and not
for any actual bug). Since no improvement has shown up in all that
time, I've applied & pushed it.

* 20080608222350: Make prompt controlMask keybindings work when other
modifiers are active  by Justin Bogner <mail at justinbogner.com>
** Dunno. I've asked bogner to bring this up again.

* 20080626200455: ManageDocks: keep struts on top  by Justin Bogner
<mail at justinbogner.com>
** I've asked darcswatch to mark this obsolete, since according to
http://code.google.com/p/xmonad/issues/detail?id=168 it is just
experimental/proof-of-concept.

* 20080710220410: XMonad.Actions.DynamicKeys: utilities to update key
bindings at runtime  by Marco Túlio Gontijo e Silva
<marcot at riseup.net>
** I see no comments on this patch, and I don't see anything
*obviously* wrong with it besides a missing definition. I've commented
on the submission.

* 20080714153248: XMonad.Config.Gnome: using XMonad.Actions.Plane  by
Marco Túlio Gontijo e Silva <marcot at riseup.net>
** The other patches in the bundle were applied, but not this one.
Dunno why. See other thread - probably Spencer rejected it?

* 20080926205838: dzenStatusBar  by seanmce33 at gmail.com,
20081002131304: layoutLogger, windowLogger, workspaceLogger,maildDir
loggers  by seanmce33 at gmail.com
** byorgey tried to apply them, but failed. So we're blocked on sean
re-sending them.

* 20081007080041: UpdatePointer even to empty workspaces  by Joachim
Breitner <mail at joachim-breitner.de>, 20081008154245: pointWithin has
moved to the core  by Joachim Breitner <mail at joachim-breitner.de>
** Maintainer hasn't weighed in. Emailed in separate thread.

* 20081012094402: FocusNth improvements.  by Aleksey Artamonov
<aleksey.artamonov at gmail.com>
** Obsoleted by Aleksey's second patch. I've mailed Darcswatch.

* 20081019140330: FocusNth improvements fixed  by Aleksey Artamonov
<aleksey.artamonov at gmail.com>
** Blocked on maintainer. Separate thread.

* 20081102045109: Actions.DisplayUI, for displaying bindings onscreen
during screencasts  by Wirt Wolff <wirtwolff at gmail.com>
** Wirt decided to recreate this patch after the keybinding facility
is rewritten. I've mailed Darcswatch.

* 20081212121339: ManageHelpers: Added isDialog  by johanngiwer at web.de
** This is the original, which conflicted. Johann wrote it with a
different title, and that got applied - but the different title meant
that Darcswatch didn't pick it up. Emailed Darcswatch.

* 20090102211626: Support for X actions in logHook  by asgaroth
<asgaroth_ at gmx.de>
** byorgey seemed to reject this. Emailed Darcswatch.

* 20090112185705: Adjustments to use the new event hook feature
instead of Hooks.EventHook  by Daniel Schoepe <asgaroth_ at gmx.de>
** Same as DisplayUI - Daniel rewrote it. Emailed Darcswtach.

* 20090117164445: Properly encode destop names before sending them to
X server in XMonad.Hoo=  by ks.EwmhDesktops Khudyakov Alexey
<alexey.skladnoy at gmail.com>
** Blocked on our slow-moving UTF discussion.

* 20090124010608: A mosaic layout based on MosaicAlt  by Adam Vogt
<vogt.adam at gmail.com>
** Another rewrite, another email.

And finally, but not least:

* 20090130114847: Multimedia keys support for EZConfig=20  by
Khudyakov Alexey <alexey.skladnoy at gmail.com>
** Blocked on maintainer. See other thread.

are blocked on the submitter submitting a non-conflicting one or
coming up with a better one. Several are blocked on the maintainer of
the affected module giving permission or rejecting it.

The last one depends on the outcome of the UTF discussion.

--
gwern