[xmonad] Calling all unapplied patches!
gwern0 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 13:27:51 EST 2009
On Fri, Jan 2, 2009 at 1:11 PM, Brent Yorgey <byorgey at seas.upenn.edu> wrote:
> I have quite a few emails in my xmonad box, going back almost a year,
> containing patches with no follow-up emails. It's quite likely that
> many of these were superseded by other patches, decided against in a
> separate thread, or the like. However, it also seems quite likely
> that some of them fell through the cracks. If you know of any
> unapplied patches -- either ones that you submitted, or ones that you
> know of and would really like to be applied -- please re-send them to
> the list (making sure that there are no conflicts with the most recent
> darcs). I have some time at the moment, so I can take a look.
Where do we stand currently? I see 22 outstanding for XMC alone right now.
* 20080521122822: Adding XMonad.Config.Xfce by Ivan.Miljenovic at gmail.com
** Obviously obsolete, since Config.Xfce has been there for a while now.
* 20080602205742: XMonad.Actions.CopyWindow runOrCopy by lan3ny at gmail.com
** Looking back, I see I rubbished it for not being perfect (and not
for any actual bug). Since no improvement has shown up in all that
time, I've applied & pushed it.
* 20080608222350: Make prompt controlMask keybindings work when other
modifiers are active by Justin Bogner <mail at justinbogner.com>
** Dunno. I've asked bogner to bring this up again.
* 20080626200455: ManageDocks: keep struts on top by Justin Bogner
<mail at justinbogner.com>
** I've asked darcswatch to mark this obsolete, since according to
http://code.google.com/p/xmonad/issues/detail?id=168 it is just
* 20080710220410: XMonad.Actions.DynamicKeys: utilities to update key
bindings at runtime by Marco Túlio Gontijo e Silva
<marcot at riseup.net>
** I see no comments on this patch, and I don't see anything
*obviously* wrong with it besides a missing definition. I've commented
on the submission.
* 20080714153248: XMonad.Config.Gnome: using XMonad.Actions.Plane by
Marco Túlio Gontijo e Silva <marcot at riseup.net>
** The other patches in the bundle were applied, but not this one.
Dunno why. See other thread - probably Spencer rejected it?
* 20080926205838: dzenStatusBar by seanmce33 at gmail.com,
20081002131304: layoutLogger, windowLogger, workspaceLogger,maildDir
loggers by seanmce33 at gmail.com
** byorgey tried to apply them, but failed. So we're blocked on sean
* 20081007080041: UpdatePointer even to empty workspaces by Joachim
Breitner <mail at joachim-breitner.de>, 20081008154245: pointWithin has
moved to the core by Joachim Breitner <mail at joachim-breitner.de>
** Maintainer hasn't weighed in. Emailed in separate thread.
* 20081012094402: FocusNth improvements. by Aleksey Artamonov
<aleksey.artamonov at gmail.com>
** Obsoleted by Aleksey's second patch. I've mailed Darcswatch.
* 20081019140330: FocusNth improvements fixed by Aleksey Artamonov
<aleksey.artamonov at gmail.com>
** Blocked on maintainer. Separate thread.
* 20081102045109: Actions.DisplayUI, for displaying bindings onscreen
during screencasts by Wirt Wolff <wirtwolff at gmail.com>
** Wirt decided to recreate this patch after the keybinding facility
is rewritten. I've mailed Darcswatch.
* 20081212121339: ManageHelpers: Added isDialog by johanngiwer at web.de
** This is the original, which conflicted. Johann wrote it with a
different title, and that got applied - but the different title meant
that Darcswatch didn't pick it up. Emailed Darcswatch.
* 20090102211626: Support for X actions in logHook by asgaroth
<asgaroth_ at gmx.de>
** byorgey seemed to reject this. Emailed Darcswatch.
* 20090112185705: Adjustments to use the new event hook feature
instead of Hooks.EventHook by Daniel Schoepe <asgaroth_ at gmx.de>
** Same as DisplayUI - Daniel rewrote it. Emailed Darcswtach.
* 20090117164445: Properly encode destop names before sending them to
X server in XMonad.Hoo= by ks.EwmhDesktops Khudyakov Alexey
<alexey.skladnoy at gmail.com>
** Blocked on our slow-moving UTF discussion.
* 20090124010608: A mosaic layout based on MosaicAlt by Adam Vogt
<vogt.adam at gmail.com>
** Another rewrite, another email.
And finally, but not least:
* 20090130114847: Multimedia keys support for EZConfig=20 by
Khudyakov Alexey <alexey.skladnoy at gmail.com>
** Blocked on maintainer. See other thread.
Summary: Many of these were obsolete or rejected in some way. 1 or 2
are blocked on the submitter submitting a non-conflicting one or
coming up with a better one. Several are blocked on the maintainer of
the affected module giving permission or rejecting it.
The last one depends on the outcome of the UTF discussion.
More information about the xmonad