[xmonad] "minimize" + "boringAuto" in Full-layout: focusUp and focusDown don't change focus

Adam Vogt vogt.adam at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 00:13:29 EST 2009

* On Monday, December 21 2009, Jan Vornberger wrote:

>On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 12:51:09AM +0100, Jan Vornberger wrote:
>> On Sun, Dec 20, 2009 at 12:13:00PM -0500, Adam Vogt wrote:
>> > I'm not sure that it is necessary to code anything as a workaround. You
>> > could use the feature in BoringWindows which accepts messages to mark
>> > specific windows as boring.
>>
>> That's what I was thinking, write a patch that will make X.L.Minimize
>> send out messages to mark all minimized windows as boring. That should
>> be a more reliable way than using boringAuto.
>
>Or are you saying, you don't think any change of X.L.Minimize is
>necessary and one could just do it all in the configuration with the
>functions that BoringWindows exports?
>I guess so, but I feel focus skipping of minimized windows is an
>integral part of X.L.Minimize, so the module might as well do the work
>itself of making sure the correct windows are marked as boring.
>
>Cheers!
>
>Jan

If you can't manage to compose decorations with the minimize and
boringAuto modifier in a way that works correctly, then I guess you do
have to change Minimize. You are likely to still end up with only one
(or maybe a couple) order(s) of composition being acceptable in any
case, since decorations should not be given for windows that get removed
later on.

--
Adam