[xmonad] Small announce about the completion of the bluetile merge

Ivan Lazar Miljenovic ivan.miljenovic at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 19:55:07 EST 2009

Joachim Breitner <nomeata at debian.org> writes:
> Well, dynamic linking is just about to enter ghc, and it has no ABI
> guarantees: Expect the distro maintainers to have to re-build the xmonad
> package everytime one of the libs changes for years or
> indefinitely. :-)

It's quite likely that in Gentoo, we won't be enabling dynamic linking
(or if we do, as a user-beware USE flag).

We've already got a tool to rebuild packages when a dependency gets
upgraded (source-based rolling-upgrade distro; kinda need it :p ); I can
give you a link to the source if you want to have a look to see if you
can adapt it for Debian, etc.

--
Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
Ivan.Miljenovic at gmail.com