[xmonad] Re: Launch without double-fork

Tomáš Janoušek tomi at nomi.cz
Wed Dec 2 06:11:06 EST 2009

Hello,

On Wed, Dec 02, 2009 at 11:38:42AM +0100, Luis Cabellos wrote:
> I notice than applications launched using dmenu doesn't have the double
> fork.  I changed the terminal=urxvt  to  terminal="exec urxvt" (as in dmenu
> key binding) and also I don't have double-fork.

I'd like to add that bash seems to automatically "exec" in cases it makes
sense. When I type "bash -c urxvt", ps axf does not show "bash -c urxvt"
anywhere, only urxvt.

(in a lot of distributions nowadays, bash is not the shell behind /bin/sh,
though)

--
Tomáš Janoušek, a.k.a. Liskni_si, http://work.lisk.in/