[xmonad] Re: It won't, no. The exec causes the shell to vanish (so the second xmonad isn't seen at all). Try something like /home/eric/bin/xmonad & setenv DISPLAY=beryllium:0.1 exec /home/eric/bin/xmonad Presuming that works OK, you might want to sta

Eric Thomas eric.l.m.thomas at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 15:47:34 EDT 2009

Bruce Stephens
<xmonad-HpBJwjOt1muTY6FTCsQk+9Bc4/FLrbF6 at public.gmane.org> writes:

> Eric Thomas <eric.l.m.thomas-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w-XMD5yJDbdMReXY1tMh2IBg at public.gmane.org>
> writes:
>
>> My script is currently the following (I use tcsh).
>>
>> /home/eric/bin/xmonad &
>> setenv DISPLAY beryllium:0.1 exec /home/eric/bin/xmonad &
>> wait
>>
>> However, the second screen still isn't loading correctly. Does
>> everything look okay for this?
>
> Try removing the other exec as well.

Or (more primitively) just run one xmonad and see if you can run the
other one from a terminal.

Hey, that kind of worked!
I started an xmonad in the xsession script.
Then did the following through a terminal.
setenv DISPLAY beryllium:0.1
/home/eric/bin/xmonad &

It indeed allows me to get an xmonad on the second screen.
Everything works fine with the exception of the mouse.
When I want to do anything on the other screen, I need to have the
mouse hover over the window that is considered the master pane (I
think I have the term correct, please bare with me as I am new to
xmonad).
So is there a way to gain focus of the other screen without having to
move over the master pane (just having to hover over any window on the
other screen)? I ask this because it becomes extremely easy for me to
forget which one is the master pane (especially if I move it to a
different workspace).

Thanks,

Eric Thomas