[xmonad] Question about using things in xmonad-contrib-bluetilebranch-0.8.1.2

Daniel Schoepe daniel.schoepe at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 24 17:35:11 EDT 2009

On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 01:06:51PM -0700, Don Stewart wrote:
> Is the bluetile "branch" likely to be merged in?
>
> Is the developer on this mailing list? I'd seriously like to consider
> what it would take to merge it in, since otherwise I'm not sure what its
> future is.

Yes, he(Jan Vornberger) is(or at least was) on this mailinglist and talked about a
school project to make xmonad more suitable for newbies[1] a few months
ago. bluetile seems to be the result of his efforts.

I haven't looked how much of the additions should be merged in, since
the goals of the project seem to be somewhat different and might
conflict sometimes, but I already saw that he added code to replace
the currently running window manager, which is certainly useful.

[1] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.haskell.xmonad/7458/focus=7499