[xmonad] action of "doFullFloat" upon pressing a key

Nils mail at n-sch.de
Mon Aug 10 11:40:28 EDT 2009

On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 05:23:30PM +0200, Christoph Groth wrote:
> However, it doesn't seem to work with video players like vlc and xine.
> I would like to have the effect of doFullFloat upon pressing a key.
> How would one tell xmonad to do that?

I haven't found any viable solutions to that. Currently I'm using
"toggleLayouts Full" in my Layouthook to fullscreen apps which refuse to
go into fullscreen by theirselfs…

Other than that, there are quite a few apps which support "real
fullscreen", for example smplayer (which is better than vlc anyway). :)