[xmonad] XMonad.Actions.Search parsing and a new dep

gwern0 at gmail.com gwern0 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 20:22:08 EDT 2009

While adding & pushing a Wiktionary function, I noticed some of the functionality that's been added to XMonad.Actions.Search since I last looked; specifically:

intelligent ∷  SearchEngine →  SearchEngine
intelligent (SearchEngine name site) = searchEngineF name (λs →  if (fst $ break (≡ ':') s) `elem` ["http", "https", "ftp"] then s else (site s))

This, I think, is much worse than just using Network.URI.isURI ∷ String → Bool

Problem is, Network.URI pulls in a network package dependency. This shouldn't be a problem as it's quite as usually installed as say process or directory, but I thought I'd ask before going ahead and adding it.

--
gwern