[xmonad] would it be easy to make xmonad.prompt.directory call itself on sucess?

jean bonhomme jeanbonh at ymail.com
Thu Aug 6 12:40:51 EDT 2009

--- En date de : Jeu 6.8.09, Gwern Branwen <gwern0 at gmail.com> a écrit :

> De: Gwern Branwen <gwern0 at gmail.com>
> Objet: Re: [xmonad] would it be easy to make xmonad.prompt.directory call  itself on sucess?
> À: "jean bonhomme" <jeanbonh at ymail.com>
> Cc: xmonad at haskell.org

> I am unsure what you want. What does it mean for changeDir
> to 'call
> itself on success'? If you have changed directories to some
> directory,
> why would you want to change directories again?
>
> --
> gwern

I mean that when I want to go deeper in the subdirectories,I need to recall the prompt myself.With this script, named lsd for contraction between "ls" and "dmenu":#!/bin/shprompt=Listeaction=cdindex=`ls -d */ -d .*/ -U | dmenu -i -p "$prompt: $PWD"`[ -z $index ]if [ $? = 1 ]; then  $action $index && lsd ; else  actionsfi
when I've have selected a directory, the script calls itself again until I escape from it, and then calls the script named "actions".But this script miss the XMonad autocompletion :)I'd like to have the benefits of both script and prompt,that is to say, XMonad autocompletion and self recalling, but in one go.I hope, i was more clear this time.