[xmonad] Cinelerra does not load

Digit (SG) digit.siljrath at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 23 19:48:24 EDT 2009

(all hacked out at once, stream of consciousness as i tackled the
issue, or non-issue as it became.   read on...)

cinelerra in xmonad...

since it's working for you ok in other wms, i'm pressuming it's not
the latency issue, in which you need to as root: echo "0x7fffffff" >
/proc/sys /kernel/shmmax

* loads cinellera *

oh.

i could have sworn i had run this while in xmonad already.  looks like
i'm in the same boat.

top search from google: http://markmail.org/message/xjdy5uqvib4wdoq6
and many more results for simply: xmonad cinelerra
in which i found people are including it in their floats in xmonad.hs
config file.

the moment i floated it, the program began to start up normally, and
create a pile of tiled windows.

seems the loader just gets confused by being tiled.  de-tile (float)
it for a moment and all is well.

all ashore!

On 22/04/2009, Juan Pedro Bolivar Puente <magnicida at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to run Cinelerra within Xmonad but it is not working. It
> seems that it creates a window -a transparent tile is allocated for it-
> but it seems to "freeze" and nothing happens.
>
> It is working on other WMs so I can't guess what the problem is.
>
> Many thanks,
>
> JP

http://www.gaudiepod.org.uk gaudiepod.org.uk website gallery and
forum.  prints available to buy.  digital images available for price
at your discression.
http://tinyurl.com/gaudiepodforum