[xmonad] Problem running Xmonad

Arnaud Bailly abailly at oqube.com
Mon Sep 22 01:52:49 EDT 2008

Hello,
I am trying to get xmonad running on my laptop (ubuntu hardy) and run into some
small but annoying problems which I cannot solve browsing through the docs:
 - I do not have extra workspaces: mod + 1 ..9 does not work
 - I do not have power management: just need suspend when lid is shutdown. I
tried launching gnome-power-manager with gnome-settings-daemon but this does not
work, reporting failure to connect to dbus
 - fonts aren't antialiased on firefox (very minor, I know, but unpleasing to
the eyes)

I would greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks

Arnaud