[xmonad] Requesting help re: install instructions

Devin Mullins me at twifkak.com
Sun Sep 14 00:32:54 EDT 2008

Hi, so, revamping xmonad web site, realizing our download/install
instructions are kind of scattered. Right now, we have links to online
package databases for existing OSes. If would be great if we had actual
instructions for each.

So, I'm asking you, fellow xmonad users, to help parallel process this
problem and contribute sections of text. Bonus points for researching
the obscure OSes that nobody actually uses.

I created a wiki page at
  http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Xmonad/Installing_xmonad
and contributed some examples to get started. Let's fill this thing in!

I also created a stub page for configuring your display manager at
  http://haskell.org/haskellwiki/Xmonad/Configuring_your_login_manager
Hopefully this is a platform-agnostic thing. If not, I suppose we'll
need to inline some of those instructions into the rebellious platforms
on the first wikipage, and then leave this page as generic instructions
for the rest.