[xmonad] ANNOUNCE: xmonad 0.8 released!

Pär Andersson paran at lysator.liu.se
Mon Sep 8 07:44:28 EDT 2008

Hi,

I am another Ubuntu user who would love to see xmonad 0.8 in Ubuntu 8.10. I
don't believe it would be very hard make this happen, but I unfortunately
don't have time to do the necessary work. Hopefully somebody else on this
list have more time :)

On Saturday 06 September 2008 21:46:13 Devin Mullins wrote:
> The https://wiki.ubuntu.com/IntrepidReleaseSchedule says that
> DebianImportFreeze happened back in July, but BetaFreeze isn't until the
> 25th. Is there a way to push this package through?

What is worse is that Intrepid is past FeatureFreeze. However xmonad is in
universe, is updated in Debian, have good new features, no huge reverse
dependencies, so I would guess it could get an execption.

The process to follow is here:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FreezeExceptionProcess#FeatureFreeze for new upstream
versions

It it is probable a good idea to do it as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Pär Andersson