[xmonad] XDG_CONFIG_HOME (reprise)

Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH allbery at ece.cmu.edu
Thu Sep 4 13:36:48 EDT 2008

On Sep 4, 2008, at 12:55 , Devin Mullins wrote:

> In case you're curious why I am okay with this option: This way,
> it's an
> explicit choice by the user, and not something thrust upon him by his
> particular platform that we then have to discover during an IRC
> support
> session.

Whereas I am looking for a way to configure as many things as possible
with as few special variables as possible.  This comes of having to
manage several hundred local packages on top of vendor packages for 7
platforms.

In any case, having already pushed xmonad out of the current round of
upgrades (I'm running out of time and can't wait for bikesheds) it
doesn't really matter any more.

system administrator [openafs,heimdal,too many hats] allbery at ece.cmu.edu