[xmonad] xmonad config error

Guy Wire imag1narynumber at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 26 17:32:28 EDT 2008

I just installed Xmonad on my Arch system.  The basic setup is simply amazing.  In trying to go through the configuration walk-through I downloaded the xmonad.hs file from the website.  Mod1+q gives me:

Error detected while loading xmonad configuration file: ~/.xmonad/xmonad.hs

xmonad.hs:161:53: Not in scope: 'W.shiftMaster'

xmonad.hs:164:53: Not in scope: 'W.shiftMaster'

xmonad.hs:168:53: Not in scope: 'W.shiftMaster'

Please check the file for errors.

Can someone help, and is there a central forum or place I should look for listings of stuff like this besides signing up for the mailing list?  Thanks in advance!