[xmonad] TwoPane showing any two windows

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Fri Oct 17 11:00:23 EDT 2008

Is there a way to switch focus to the left window while keeping the
right window fixed in TwoPane?

Let me see if I can explain this a little better.  If I have three
windows on a workspace, wA, wB, and wC. When using `Tall 1 3/100 1/2`
I'd have wA in the main area on the left and wB on top of wC on the
right side.  If I, while wA is the main window, switch to use TwoPane,
then wA is on the left and wB is on the right.  How do I in this setup
place wA next to wC and put focus on wA?

I know I can push wC to the left and then flick through the windows on
the right until wA comes to the top, but that requires quite a few
windows manipulations.

/M