[xmonad] XMobar: Feature Request

Dominik Bruhn dominik at dbruhn.de
Thu Oct 2 18:37:16 EDT 2008

Hy,
I just got a idea how to make the Battery-Plugin of XMobar much better:
1. Show the remaining time as a template if running on battery.
2. Show the reaming time until full chared as template if runing on AC
3. Add the ability to change the color whether we are on AC (green) or on
Battery (red)

Although I got no haskell knowledge at all I tried to implement point 1. The
main problem is: I took /proc/acpi/battery/BAT0/state and divide "remaining
capacity" through "present rate". The problem is "present rate" is for the very
moment, so the value of the remaining time calculated depends when you check.
Does anybody know a better source for the present rate without calling external
programms like "acpi"?
Except for this problem point 1 is working for me.

For points 2 and 3 I got no clue how to make this, perhaps anybody can help me
and give me a hint how to start.

Anyway: Is this the right place to ask such questions or is there a xmobar list?

Thanks
--
Dominik Bruhn
mailto: dominik at dbruhn.de