[xmonad] Issue 242 in xmonad: inter screen handling doesn't work with xrandr --right-of, works with --left-of

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Fri Nov 28 21:12:08 EST 2008

Owner: ----

New issue 242 by ddbremner: inter screen handling doesn't work with xrandr
--right-of, works with --left-of

What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. log into to my thinkpad X61 with external monitor attached
2. xrandr --output VGA --right-of LVDS --mode 1280x1024
3. mod-shift-e in a client on the external screen

the client should go to the laptop screen
instead, it disappears (although it still shows in the kicker list)

xmonad 0.8 on debian. I tried with the unstable and experimental versions
of the Xserver

If I instead run xrandr --output VGA --left-of LVDS, things work as
expected.  If I run --right-of _after_ --left-of, it seems to work as
well.

If this error is due to a module from XMonadContrib, please tag this
issue with 'Component-Contrib' below.