[xmonad] Issue 238 in xmonad: Layout.Monitor leaves Cairo-clock in tiling layer, causes windows to flicker randomly

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Sun Nov 16 16:29:17 EST 2008

Issue 238: Layout.Monitor leaves Cairo-clock in tiling layer, causes
windows to flicker randomly

New issue report by aleks.dimitrov:
What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. Use a minimal XMonad.hs, something like:

> import XMonad
> import XMonad.Layout.Monitor
>
> myLayout =
> 	addMonitor (ClassName "Cairo-clock" `And` Title "MacSlow's Cairo-Clock")
> 	(Rectangle (1400-150) (1050-150) 150 150)
> 	(XMonad.Tall 1 (1/2) (3/100))
>
> main = do xmonad $ defaultConfig {
>         layoutHook         = myLayout
> 	}

2. Recompile XMonad, launch cairo-clock
3. Try to move around workspaces and windows

I'd expect the clock just to sit there in the lower right corner of my
desktop.
Instead, it has its own window:

http://omploader.org/veG55

When I move away from the workspace I launched cairo-clock on, everything
shows
up fine, but hovering the clock's window with the mouse pointer causes the
focus
to rapidly switch. Windows start to flicker, the whole desktop becomes
unusable
for about two seconds or so.

Arch Linux, current darcs version, cairo-clock is 0.3.4, cairo is 1.8.2-1,
ghc is 6.8.2.

Everytime I switch back to cairo-clock's original birth-workspace, it shows
up in the
upper left corner of its window in its original size (150x150) and then
expands to
the ugly ellipsoid you can see in the screenshot. This error also occurs
with main
xmonad.hs.

Issue attributes:
	Owner: ----