[xmonad] darcs patch: XDG_CONFIG_HOME support

Devin Mullins me at twifkak.com
Wed May 28 01:31:08 EDT 2008

On Tue, May 27, 2008 at 07:20:50PM -0400, Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH wrote:
> I think the idea is for folks like me who have networked home
> directories to be able to specify a non-shared (or at least only used
> by one machine) config directory; KDE and GNOME both have the idea
> that they have exclusive access to their files and become very unhappy
> if multiple machines use their configs.  (So does Mozilla/Firefox, for
> that matter.)

A problem xmonad solved by appending the arch to the binary name.

This has one disadvantage I can think of: for DEs that set $XDG
automatically, users will have to know about it in order to know where
to put their .xmonad.hs -- otherwise the file won't be detected.
Perhaps that's not worth worrying about.

It seems the only advantage is cleaning up the home directory.