[xmonad] Re: darcs patch: XMonad.Config.PlainConfig

Braden Shepherdson Braden.Shepherdson at gmail.com
Sun May 18 15:51:31 EDT 2008

Joachim Breitner wrote:
> You surely want to make that independent of the users’ login name, do
> you :-)

You're right, of course. *cough*

I had some trouble with using ~, actually, so I hard-coded my username.
Probably need to use System.Environment to extract $HOME?

Unfortunately I'm busy with an assignment today so I can't make these
edits. If some helpful soul out there wants to fix it, please do.

> What happens here if there is no xmonad.conf. Does it use the
> baseConfig, or does it produce an error?

I just tried it, and the test shows that it, er, crashes xmonad
silently. Obviously that's undesirable. Again, I'm short on time. I'll
hopefully be able to dig into these issues tomorrow if no one else fixes
them in the meantime.

> Greetings,
> Joachim

Braden Shepherdson