[xmonad] All browser links stopped working in KDE

Yitzchak Gale gale at sefer.org
Sun May 11 06:10:42 EDT 2008

After Debian testing upgraded a number of KDE packages for
me last night, my KDE/xmonad system is now quite crippled. KDE is
at 3.5.9. Clicking on links in browsers does not work -
neither in Iceweasel (Firefox for Debian) nor Konqueror.

When I use KWin, KDE's standard window manager, instead
of xmonad, this problem does not occur.

Note: There are also some problems with the way mouse clicks
work with menus and some other GUI controls. In particular,
clicking on the menu bar in Iceweasel does not work, clicking
on drop-down menus in KDE applications does not work, and
clicking on the menu bar in KDE applications acts strangely.
However, these issues also occur with KWin, not just with
xmonad. Something has clearly gone sour in KDE on my
system.

Thanks,
Yitz