[xmonad] Add 'browser' to XConfig

gwern0 at gmail.com gwern0 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 31 13:09:01 EDT 2008

On 2008.03.31 09:05:33 -0700, David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net> scribbled 1.3K characters:
> On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 06:21:35PM +0300, Roman Cheplyaka wrote:
> > * David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net> [2008-03-31 07:58:52-0700]
> > > If you prefer, we could alternately support XMONAD_BROWSER.  Note that
> > > putting the browser in the environment would also make it immediately
> > > runtime-configurable (well, with a few lines of code in contrib).
> >
> > How do you see it?
>
> I'm not sure what you're asking.  You'd just start a terminal and then run
> echo $BROWSER to see what the value is.
> --
> David Roundy

I think he means that if I go and define 'declare -xr BROWSER="firefox"' in my .zshenv, how does XMonad, which is running from .xinitrc which is running from an *old* Zsh instance, ever get to find out about the new environmental variable?

--
gwern
BVD forces AOL IACIS CCSQ SNT 414 rsta NRC Geraldton