[xmonad] ANNOUNCE: xmonad 0.7 released

Bruce Stephens xmonad at cenderis.demon.co.uk
Sun Mar 30 17:52:35 EDT 2008

Don Stewart <dons at galois.com> writes:

> nomeata:

[...]

>> Debian packages are being uploaded at the moment and should arrive at a
>> mirror near you within the next day.
>>

> Wonderful!
>
> Note to the package guys:
>
> An updated (and api compatible) release of the Haskell X11 library is
> also out, and fixes a stability issue (java and pidgin apps would crash,
> typically).
>
> That's worth updating too:
>
>     http://hackage.haskell.org/cgi-bin/hackage-scripts/package/X11-1.4.2

I hope the opportunity is taken to fix #469852.  (I think it just
involves building on a machine with libxinerama-dev.  That's all I
did, anyway.)

Over the weekend I (finally) upgraded my hand-built xmonad from
way-back to the debian packages.

And it all went very well.  I had to redo the configuration and stuff,
but 0.6.3 makes that much cleaner and more powerful.

The biggest annoyance was lack of xinerama, so I needed to rebuild
haskell-x11, xmonad, xmonad-contrib (and install the build
dependencies).  Not a major problem, but it's an irritation.

Otherwise the debian packages would be very nice out of the box.
They'd make xmonad a natural choice for any debian users wanting a
tiling wm, I think.