[xmonad] proposal: add extra screen parameter to runLayout

David Roundy droundy at darcs.net
Wed Mar 26 11:32:38 EDT 2008

On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 11:25:32AM -0400, Brent Yorgey wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 26, 2008 at 10:51 AM, David Roundy <droundy at darcs.net> wrote:
> > Why not just check the rectangle against the screen rectangle? That sounds
> > simpler and safer to me.
>
> I'm not sure that I follow.  Are different screens guaranteed to have
> different rectangles?

If they don't have different rectangles, then they are displaying the same
contents.  A window isn't located on a "screen", it's located at a
coordinate in an abstract space.  If a point is in a screen rectangle then
it's visible on that screen.  If it's in multiple screen rectangles, then
multiple screens are displaying it (which would be the case if you're
mirroring content... I imagine xinerama can do this).  So if two screens
*do* have the same rectangle, then they ought to have the same gap (and
really should hold the same workspace).
--
David Roundy
Department of Physics