[xmonad] darcs patch: Add EventHook: a layout modifier to hand... (and 8 more)

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Wed Mar 19 15:40:25 EDT 2008

Hi,

Am Mittwoch, den 19.03.2008, 11:05 -0700 schrieb Don Stewart:
> mail:
> > Hi,
> >
> > these are updates to the EWHM module, making it react to pager and
> > window list interaction. It depends on Andrea’s patches, most notably
> > EventHook.
> >
> > I could not merge my old EWHM interaction patches (darcs problems), so I
> > re-recorded them. Don’t try to merge them if you have the old ones floating
> > around (which most likely is not the case).
> >
> > They basically work, but not fully reliable, although all messages arrive.
> > Maybe some race conditions with other xmonad code, this needs to be checked
> > by more experienced coders (check function "handler"). But as it does not
> > introduce a regression, it should be save to apply to the main line.
>
> Ok. So you're view is that this won't affect the core, or other plugins,
> and is generally useful for pushing forward on the event system?

Hmm, I did not completely review the EventHook code, but I could
successfully use it, therefore it is useful :-). I also think that the
small glitches left are not related to the EventHook code, i observed
them with my own hook system from back then as well.

It works without changes to the core.

Personally I must say that I’d prefer a hook inserted in the core (just
like logHook etc.) for simplicity, but I’m fine with whatever works.

Greetings,
Joachim

--
Joachim Breitner