[xmonad] Ubuntu, Xmonad, and Xinerama

David Roundy droundy at darcs.net
Wed Mar 19 11:21:57 EDT 2008

On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 11:20:17AM +0100, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> > Is it possible that having a custom ~/.xmonad/xmonad.hs that wasn't
> > changed across updates could cause xinerama to fail because
> > ~/.xmonad/xmonad-i386-linux doesn't get rebuilt?
>
> Quite possible, happens to me all the time :-)

Someone really should figure out how to build software reliably using ghc
packages.  This is just embarassing.  And then we could tell the cabal
folks how to do this.

I understand that dons is reluctant to load up ghc every time xmonad loads,
but perhaps we could figure out some way to track the modification date of
the xmonad and/or xmonad-contrib packages and recompile if those have
changed.
--
David Roundy
Department of Physics