[xmonad] Ubuntu, Xmonad, and Xinerama

Joachim Breitner nomeata at debian.org
Tue Mar 18 18:58:56 EDT 2008

Hi,

Am Dienstag, den 18.03.2008, 14:28 -0700 schrieb Andrew Sackville-West:
> On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 05:16:37PM +0100, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Am Dienstag, den 18.03.2008, 11:47 -0400 schrieb Chris Sanner:
>
> > > [...], when I did this my xinerama/twinview support went away.
> > > I've now got one giant expanse of screen instead of two discrete workspaces.
>

> > You can locally recompile and install (in that order) haskell-x11,
> > xmonad, xmonad-contrib. If you have libxinerama-dev and
> > x11proto-xinerama-dev (not sure which) installed while doing so, you’ll
> > get xinerama support. If you need more detailed instructions, feel free
> > to ask.
>

> I tried recompiling all this stuff to no avail. Specifically, I've
> rebuilt the debian source packages for x11, xmonad and xmonad-contrib
> and also *removed* those and built the versions from
> hackage. Everything seems to work just fine except xinerama. I suspect
> there may be breakage deeper into the system
> somewhere. libxinerama-dev has also been upgraded, I may have to try
> downgrading that and rebuilding again.

Just checking back: The problem is also present when building xmonad
from cabal, independant from the debian packages?

Do you have x11proto-xinerama-dev installed? What is the output of the
configure step when configuring haskell-x11?

For other interested parties: Detailed steps to locally re-build your
debian xmonad packages, check

Thanks,
Joachim

--