[xmonad] darcs patch: Add EventHook: a layout modifier to hand... (and 8 more)

Joachim Breitner mail at joachim-breitner.de
Tue Mar 18 17:04:17 EDT 2008

Hi,

these are updates to the EWHM module, making it react to pager and
window list interaction. It depends on Andrea’s patches, most notably
EventHook.

I could not merge my old EWHM interaction patches (darcs problems), so I
re-recorded them. Don’t try to merge them if you have the old ones floating
around (which most likely is not the case).

They basically work, but not fully reliable, although all messages arrive.
Maybe some race conditions with other xmonad code, this needs to be checked
by more experienced coders (check function "handler"). But as it does not
introduce a regression, it should be save to apply to the main line.

Greetings,
Joachim

Sun Feb 24 12:24:32 CET 2008  Andrea Rossato <andrea.rossato at unibz.it>
  * Add EventHook: a layout modifier to handle X events

Sun Feb 24 14:37:06 CET 2008  Andrea Rossato <andrea.rossato at unibz.it>
  * Add Hooks.ServerMode: an event hook to execute commands sent by an external client

Mon Feb 25 00:08:54 CET 2008  Andrea Rossato <andrea.rossato at unibz.it>
  * EventHook: handle events after the underlying layout and more
  - check the first time the Bool is True
  - coding and naming style

Tue Feb 26 12:53:47 CET 2008  Andrea Rossato <andrea.rossato at unibz.it>
  * I now use ServerMode

Tue Mar 18 13:25:45 CET 2008  Joachim Breitner <mail at joachim-breitner.de>
  * Add copyright year

Tue Mar 18 19:02:13 CET 2008  Joachim Breitner <mail at joachim-breitner.de>
  * Export HandleEvent type to be able to use it in type annotations

Tue Mar 18 19:03:21 CET 2008  Joachim Breitner <mail at joachim-breitner.de>
  * add ewmhDesktopsLayout for EWMH interaction
  This is based on Andrea’s EventHook thingy. Note that I could not merge
  this with some of my earlier EWHM interaction patches (darcs was failing on me),
  so I copied some code. Do not try to merge it with those patches either.

Tue Mar 18 19:19:17 CET 2008  Joachim Breitner <mail at joachim-breitner.de>
  * Use trace instead of io $ putStrLn

Tue Mar 18 19:49:22 CET 2008  Joachim Breitner <mail at joachim-breitner.de>
  * Documentation for EWMH interaction
  Note that the docs are saying what should work. There are still some bugs
  to be resolved, but it works sometimes and should work similar to what we have.