[xmonad] Issue 154 in xmonad: add support for UTF-8 locale in NamedWindows and DynamicLog

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Thu Mar 13 14:38:51 EDT 2008

Issue 154: add support for UTF-8 locale in NamedWindows and DynamicLog

Comment #4 by andrea.rossato:
A bug tracking system is *meant* to be used as a proxy to communicate
with the development team directly. And I was indeed using it as a
proxy for communicating with you directly.

I know I was ironic, maybe sarcastic somehow. But even if I'm not an
English native speaker, I think my report cannot be judged offensive.
And I attached a patch, in exchange of my irony.

Still your reaction, and this is not the first time, is harsh.
Inappropriately harsh, I would add. As if you were thinking I'm
directly attacking you, or the other developers, and your (and the
other developers') hacking skills.

This is something I don't really understand. But I think you need to
understand that I'm an xmonad user. I invested quite some of my time
in developing it because I need it, and I won't stop using it because
I had an argument with some of its developers. And when I'll think
something is wrong I'll come back here and, with my style, with my way
of thinking about things, and code, and software development, I'll
write another long, and maybe uselessly complicated bug report - maybe
attaching even a short patch, to express my thought in Haskell too, if
someone is willing to read.

And while I think you are a great hacker, and I learned (and keep
learning) by studying your code and your papers - this is why I think
you are totally wrong if you think the intent of my bug report is to
make fun of you -, still this is not going to change. And while I know
I do not have the possibility to change your attitude towards me,
still you do not have the possibility to choose who's going to use
your software. And who's going to submit patches and bug reports.

I'm really sorry, but your only way out is to leave the xmonad
development.

;)