[xmonad] Several issues

Bas van Dijk v.dijk.bas at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 12:12:54 EST 2008

On Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 4:04 AM, Anze Slosar <anze at berkeley.edu> wrote:
>  a) gnuplot - after I plot something, the new window is shown and it shows
>  the graph, but the cpu usage goes to 100% (shared between Xorg and
>  xmonad). I then float it (by alt-mousing it away) and then putting it back
>  (mod t) and then it works. Any idea what is going on?

This is probably a bug in gnuplot. I noticed a similar problem with
xemacs as reported here:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.haskell.xmonad/3650/focus=3652

So if your problem is similar, a temporary solution is to use
XMonad.Layout.LayoutHints from the extension library:
http://xmonad.org/contrib.html

Make sure to file a bug report with gnuplot about it just like I did for xemacs:
http://tracker.xemacs.org/XEmacs/its/issue310

The gnuplot bug tracker is here:

Then hopefully it will be solved soon.

regards,