[xmonad] Problem with urxvt, different-sized monitors and ncurses

Jesús Guerrero i92guboj at terra.es
Fri Jun 27 18:20:38 EDT 2008

On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 22:17:21 +0200
Michal 'vorner' Vaner <vorner at ucw.cz> wrote:

> Hello
>
> On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 08:26:51PM +0200, Jesús Guerrero wrote:
> > On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 20:09:52 +0200 Michal 'vorner' Vaner <vorner at ucw.cz> wrote:
> > > But when I move it to other screen
> > > (switching to the screen and bringing it's virtual desktop there), the
> > > application does not change it's size -- urxvt changes it's size, but
> > > the app is missing some of it's parts or occupying only part of urxvt.
> >
> > mc and mocp do fine here. So maybe it's a problem with either mutt or irssi.
>
> I tried mc, it does not happen every time, only something like one time
> out of five.

Well, mc sometimes fail but it has other problems with layout, so I wouldn't
bother about that. It's probably some bug on the way that mc calculates it's
own layout which is not always reproducible.

Moc, on the other side, does *always* resize ok, so, I am inclined to think
that the problem lies in the client app, and not xmonad, the terminal or
ncurses.

> Which version of ncurses do you have? And, do you have it with unicode?
> (It could maybe caused by this)

5.6, it's a non-debug build, using unicode and gpm support (not that gpm
is relevant here, but there you are). mc 4.6.2_pre1 is built with X,gpm and
unicode support. This is Gentoo, so I am 100% that all the apps have been
built using the same ncurses version, since there's no prepackaged binary
stuff.

> PS: Sorry to Jésus for the duplicity, I hit wrong reply button the first time.

Don't worry about that, those things happen :)
--
Jesús Guerrero <i92guboj at terra.es>