[xmonad] Problem with urxvt, different-sized monitors and ncurses

AlexanderS alexander at sulfrian.net
Fri Jun 27 14:33:29 EDT 2008

On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 20:26:51 +0200
Jesús Guerrero <i92guboj at terra.es> wrote:

> On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 20:09:52 +0200
> Michal 'vorner' Vaner <vorner at ucw.cz> wrote:
>
> > I have a small problem. I have 2 monitors with different sizes and
> > run few ncurses-based applications in urxvt (mutt, irssi). When I
> > resize the urxvt window on the screen (like running another
> > application, forcing it to shrink), everything is OK. But when I
> > move it to other screen (switching to the screen and bringing it's
> > virtual desktop there), the application does not change it's size
> > -- urxvt changes it's size, but the app is missing some of it's
> > parts or occupying only part of urxvt.
> >
> > I'm not sure it is xmonad's fault, but since it does resize OK
> > sometimes, I think it is not problem in ncurses nor urxvt.
>
> mc and mocp do fine here. So maybe it's a problem with either mutt or
> irssi.
>
> I use urxvt as well.

I noticed a similar Problem while using mplayer. If i change mplayer in
fullscreen mode from one screen to another the movie size is not
changed. But if I exit the fullscreen mode of mplayer (press f) and
enter it again, the movie size is correct.

Don't know if it is xmonad's or mplayer's fault. But it seems similar
to the problem with ncurses apps described.

Alex