[xmonad] Firefox problems

Devin Mullins me at twifkak.com
Wed Jun 18 12:45:34 EDT 2008

On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 05:53:17PM +0200, Dominik Bruhn wrote:
> How did you do this? Did you modify your xmonad.hs to achieve this?
Yes. (I haven't done it; that's how you *would* do it.)

> Doesnt the firefox window has to get a property which tells the windowmanager to
> get it floating?
That's one way (_WM_TRANSIENT_FOR). There are other ways, including
manually telling xmonad to float it (by mod-dragging), or writing some
rules based on other window properties. See
  http://xmonad.org/xmonad-docs/xmonad/XMonad-ManageHook.html
for the EDSL API docs and
  http://xmonad.org/xmonad-docs/xmonad-contrib/XMonad-Doc-Configuring.html
for general information on configuring xmonad. If that's too technical,
look at the example configs on the wiki.