[xmonad] Firefox problems

Devin Mullins me at twifkak.com
Wed Jun 18 12:45:34 EDT 2008

On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 05:53:17PM +0200, Dominik Bruhn wrote:
> How did you do this? Did you modify your xmonad.hs to achieve this?
Yes. (I haven't done it; that's how you *would* do it.)

> Doesnt the firefox window has to get a property which tells the windowmanager to
> get it floating?
That's one way (_WM_TRANSIENT_FOR). There are other ways, including
manually telling xmonad to float it (by mod-dragging), or writing some
rules based on other window properties. See
for the EDSL API docs and
for general information on configuring xmonad. If that's too technical,
look at the example configs on the wiki.