[xmonad] Re: darcs patch: Make prompt keybindings work when numLock or capsLock are active

Justin Bogner mail at justinbogner.com
Sun Jun 8 17:58:22 EDT 2008

Devin Mullins wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 08, 2008 at 11:26:14AM -0600, Justin Bogner wrote:
>> I don't see a reason not to ignore numLock and capsLock and the like
>> when a prompt is open.
>
> Applied, with two suggestions:
> 1. Use Data.Bits.testBit.
> 2. Don't ignore shift or mod1-5?
>
> (Actually, I suppose those two are mutually exclusive.. I'd imagine the
> code to the last one looking like:
>   mask .&. (foldl' (.|.) [controlMask, mod1Mask, ...]) == controlMask
> unless there's a cleverer way.)

I like your first suggestion, since I didn't like comparing to zero
(though checking if it was still controlMask would be more correct logic
than what I have now, anyway).
As for the second suggestion, I sort of like it and sort of don't. Is
there a good reason to not ignore shift? I most certainly want to ignore
numlock, but I can't purely determine what that is, and I don't think
there's a particularly good reason not to ignore the others.
______
Justin Bogner