[xmonad] Issue 199 in xmonad: Prompt.AppendFile crashes when file is not writable

Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH allbery at ece.cmu.edu
Sun Jul 20 12:41:46 EDT 2008

On 2008 Jul 20, at 12:38, codesite-noreply at google.com wrote:

> Issue 199: Prompt.AppendFile crashes when file is not writable
> http://code.google.com/p/xmonad/issues/detail?id=199
>
> New issue report by m... at cloudconnected.org:
> What steps will reproduce the problem?
> 1. Add an appendFilePrompt with a filename in a non-existent directory
> 2. Use the prompt
> I think an error message should be displayed instead of crashing

This is a general problem with the contrib modules I've seen.  I still
have a pending bugfix for the SshPrompt module when ~/.ssh/known_hosts
isn't readable (which can happen by mistake or when ~ is on an
authenticated network filesystem such as NFSv4 or AFS and the
authentication token expires), if I ever get our Haskell environment
to the point where I can build stuff again.

system administrator [openafs,heimdal,too many hats] allbery at ece.cmu.edu