[xmonad] darcs patch: keyActions moved to XState

Marco Túlio Gontijo e Silva marcot at riseup.net
Tue Jul 15 10:43:38 EDT 2008

Em Ter, 2008-07-15 às 07:35 -0700, Marco Túlio Gontijo e Silva
escreveu:
> Tue Jul 15 11:34:36 BRT 2008  Marco Túlio Gontijo e Silva <marcot at riseup.net>
>   * keyActions moved to XState

I resent this patch with the correct e-mail address.

The last time I've sent I got no replies of it.  Is there a problem in
this patch?

I've done a module in XMonadContrib (XMonad.Actions.DynamicKeys) with
two functions that take advantage of this change in xmonad and show how
to use it.

The basic is very simple: instead of changing it with get and put, the
ideal is to call updateKeyActions, which is just a get/put followed by a
call to grabKeys, which update in X the keyBindings reserved to XMonad.

The motivation of doing this patch came after a question in #xmonad of a
user which I can't recall his name --- is there a log of the IRC
channel? --- about if it's possible to disable all XMonad key bindings
temporarily.  At first I tried to make a function that would re-enter
the X monad, but I saw no reason why keyActions couldn't be moved to
XState.  The function that the user requested is
XMonad.Actions.DynamicKeys.noKeys.

Greetings.

--
Marco Túlio Gontijo e Silva