[xmonad] Issue 198 in xmonad: Mplayer flickers in urxvt & floating layer

codesite-noreply at google.com codesite-noreply at google.com
Tue Jul 8 22:32:07 EDT 2008

Issue 198: Mplayer flickers in urxvt & floating layer

New issue report by gwern0:
What steps will reproduce the problem?
1. From a Urxvt terminal in xmonad, run mplayer
2. Navigate to another workspace
3. Return to the workspace in which mplayer was running

One expects to see just the viewed material, but instead, one can see the
mplayer terminal status line flickering through it. Attached is a
screenshot of the mplayer and terminal.

Interestingly, I cannot reproduce this starting from gnome terminal, or
when I mod-u the mplayer window out of the float layer and into the regular

Darcs xmonad (xmonad.hs on wiki), rxvt-unicode (urxvt) v8.4 - released:
2007-10-27, Linux craft 2.6.24-19-generic #1 SMP Wed Jun 18 14:15:37 UTC
2008 x86_64 GNU/Linux, MPlayer 1.0rc2-4.2.3 (C) 2000-2007 MPlayer Team

If this error is due to a module from XMonadContrib, please tag this issue
with 'Component-Contrib' below.

	xwd-121557019719122.png  1.9 MB
	xwd-121557022019180.png  107 KB

Issue attributes: