[xmonad] ClientMessage events in 0.7?

Andrea Rossato mailing_list at istitutocolli.org
Thu Jan 31 14:20:53 EST 2008

On Thu, Jan 31, 2008 at 01:09:49PM -0600, Spencer Janssen wrote:
> Think about what will happen when there are multiple visible workspaces -- ie.
> Xinerama.

actually we were discussing just that a couple of threads above with
Brent, and we came up with a couple of class methods that could just
solve this problem, by passing to the layout the Workspace it is
going to be run on.

Brent rejected that, because it would bloat the LayoutClass. And he
may have a point, as long as extending a class is bad.

as you know I don't get xinerama quite well, but as far as I get it in
a xinerama setup a workspace cannot be in two screens at the same
time.

Am I right?

cheers,

Andrea