[xmonad] ClientMessage events in 0.7?

Andrea Rossato mailing_list at istitutocolli.org
Thu Jan 31 03:42:43 EST 2008

On Thu, Jan 31, 2008 at 09:33:28AM +0100, Joachim Breitner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> now that 0.6 is out I’d like to get some attention on a feature needed
> for more complete EWMH support: The module needs to handle XEvents
> (ClientMessage events in particular) on a global, not per-layout, scale.
> I’m not following xmonad development close enough to judge what the best
> way of doing that would be, but I hope that you’ll find a way...

btw, why don't you just place a layout modifier on to of your layout
hook, you call it interceptor and you handle all events you want to
handle there.

I think that now that we have the emptyLayout method in the LayotClass
the layoutHook and an eventual eventHook would be basically the same
stuff...

andrea